To create a desktop shortcut to your Hotmail/Live Mail/Outlook.com account -
1. Open your Internet browser and go to msn.com.
2. Restore down the window so that you can see both the web page and your desktop.
3. Left-click and hold down on the words "Outlook.com" (below "msn").
4. Drag and drop it to your desktop.
5. Click Ok to confirm the action.
The steps above will create a desktop shortcut to Outlook.com. If you click the "Keep me signed in" option on the sign in page, then clicking this Outlook.com shortcut will direct you to your inbox. If you did not set it to keep you signed in, you will be asked to enter your account's name and password everytime you click on the shortcut.